Saturday, April 7, 2012

Baseball, Alex and Chemo


I know Kathy is sideways, I am unable to turn it around:(.

April 7, 2012
10:00 pm



I  have had a busy few days. Thursday I went to a street party that the city of Cincinnati and Bud Lite had

for opening day. ( we are talking baseball) We have a new area in the downtown area  on the Ohio River called The Banks, it is right smack in front of the Red's stadium door. We now have a new brewery, Toby Keith's restrauant, Whiskey' s and The Holy Grail all bars and even a bar set up in the middle of the street. There were so many fans there! What a great time everyone was having and the weather was awesome. Just one problem - they ran out of beer tickets and they ran out of beer ! So the out side bars closed. Now with all the  newplaces to go  you would think you could find a place to go to eat or get a beer, Right? No you could not -  the entire area was packed. So the City of Cincinnat and the Great American Ball Park had a great day and the Reds won the game! What a great day! I was very happy to get home.

My twelve year old Grandson, Alex  is spending the weekend with me. The first thing we did was to go to the grocery store and get all his favorite foods. Nachos and salasa, Pizza Rolls, Chicken Nuggets - buffalow style, Ranch salad dressing, a bag of salad and wraps to make salad wraps, bag of apples and oranges, nuts and cheese peanutbutter  crackers. As of tonight he has eaten almost everything!
Now I do  not usually eat some of the things listed above so I also made some veggie pasta salad for Peter and I to eat..  Alex liked this also:) Peter got home from work  this morningat at 7:30 AM   with Egg McMuffins from McDonalds, another thing I do not eat. I ate my sandwich and went back to sleep.for a bit. Alex ate his  sandwich and the left over pizza rolls from yesterday. It was a Good Morning. In 36 hours Alex has done some heavy duty eating. The kicker is I have been eating all of this stuff with  him! In 36 hours I have eaten things I have not eaten in years.  I am not sure if this is the best way  to put a few extra pounds on!
Tomorrow is Easter and we are going to Robby, Jenny and Morgan's  house to eat some healthy food.
The first thing I need to do is take my new  pre chemo medication  Dexamethasone 4MG one with breakfast and one with lunch. I am not real sure what this does, but I know it is essential   and is a steroid . I take  this for three days,  Before, day of and day after chemo.
So I just might be really hungry for Easter Dinner! Monday is my first day of Chemo. It will take approxmently five hours in the chemo room. I am packing my chemo bag that the Chris Collensworth association  gave me. Kind of like the first day of school.!

I will be blogging from the chemo room xoxoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment