Wednesday, April 18, 2012


April 18, 2012 


Need  Reading Glasses?


Peter and I went to Ikea today - It is beautiful out and we shopped a bit then we went to have pizza. Peter never carries his cell phone , he really needs to get with it! He also forgets to bring his reading glasses. Here he is attempting to pay the bill with out his glasses. He always has the same look and makes me laugh.





Tired but feel better:)




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


April 17  2012

Scare Tactics
Sunday night I started running fever  it was hundred  and one. I remembered me from my rules and  regulations packet it  states if you temperature got to 100 .5  immediately call the office.  My temp was 101,    I drank a lot of water and  I took my temp again about an hour later and it was 99.44. I took it after I watched  "The Good WIfe" and it was the same. Affter consulting with my  BF who is a nurse , Kathy ( I always seem to cry when I talk to her) and Melba. I called the Dr. I was not prepared at all for him to tell me how life-threatening this is - that  running a fever is very dangerous. He said even thou I have a doctors appointment on Monday  for a blood test at the office. That my blood needed to be tested now. He was every kind and explained to me that I was only  six days out from my first dose of chemo and there is a slight chance I could have picked up a bacteria infection  and if it got into my blood it could kill me. I was very apprehensive of the ER and all the sick people  that were breathing the same air as me.. He said grab your tooth brush and go to the ER. So I went!




I was not dehydrated guess probably because I had drank all that water. My white blood cells  within the nornal range it was  7- ,last Tuesday it was  15. They ran all  kinds of tests including a digital x ray of my lungs.  
 They gave me this superduper what I thought was  an antibiotic and told me I could leave but  they still had to take two more vials of blood which came to a total amount of six small vials and  four a large vials of blood.  So I guess they are growing cultures.  It  will take a few days to get the results back.  
 I came home, I went to bed Peter got my prescription filled for my  superduper antibiotics. 
The name of the medication I'm taking is call Levofloxacin  is  used to prevent anthrax, virus and bacterial infections. I had no idea there was such a thing. The ER called it a super dupper antibiotic. It also can cause your tendons  to brust. Doesn't that sound like fun just one more thing to think  about ! The good thing is it hunts  down  and gets any virus or bacteria in my body.




April 14, 2012


Brook, Susan and Melba AT the Quilt Show:)



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

April 9, 2012
Chemo Room





This is my chair and I am with Melba:)





Unpacking our knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment