Sunday, April 1, 2012


April 1, 2012

How about those Kentucky Wild Cats!!!? To bad Ohio State got beat. GO Cats!
 

This is a very informative news letter my brother Bob - sent to me:)

From: ROBERT WARD <r.ward@insightbb.com>
To: SusanPI <susanpi@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Mar 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Subject: Fwd: Living With Cancer Newsletter
Susan this is a good news letter the Mayo Clinic sends out on  e mail.
You can sign up for it.
From: "MayoClinic.com Living With Cancer Newsletter"
&lt;newsletters@mayoclinic.com&gt;
To: "r ward" &lt;r.ward@insightbb.com&gt;
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:03:47 AM
Subject: Living With Cancer Newsletter
*From: Susan Ward <susanpi@aol.com>
To: r.ward <r.ward@insightbb.com>
Sent: Sat, Mar 31, 2012 8:41 pm
Subject: Re: Fwd: Living With Cancer Newsletter
Bobby,
Thanks has a lot of info I signed up. Did you read the part about side
effects and Chemo Head- I am not wild about the idea! OMG I could be a
crazy, forgetful mumbling old lady. LOL

This is what caught my eye in the news letter
Chemo Brain 

Definition

By Mayo Clinic staff

Living with cancer newsletter

Subscribe to our Living with cancer newsletter to stay up to date on cancer topics.
Chemo brain is a common term used by cancer survivors to describe thinking and memory problems that can occur after cancer treatment. Chemo brain can also be called chemo fog, cognitive changes or cognitive dysfunction.
Though chemo brain is a widely used term, it's misleading. It's not yet clear that chemotherapy is the cause of concentration and memory problems in cancer survivors. And many cancer survivors with memory problems still score well on cognitive tests, leaving doctors wondering whether chemo brain really exists.
Despite the many questions, it's clear that the memory problems commonly called chemo brain can be a frustrating and debilitating side effect of cancer and its treatment. More study is needed to understand this condition. 
OMG - what a fun thing to get!!
****************************************************

Sean and Tasha  - (Peter's son and our Granddaughter age six) called me last night. I was filling Sean in on the body scans and the Dr.  thought that if the cancer comes back it would likely go to my lungs. It was a very emotional conversation, powerful. I assured Sean I was going to be alright. I told him this has been a long journey, but I am going to be fine, He told me he and Tasha  pray for me every night  when she goes to bed. Tasha is amazing and so cute - 
 
My journey moves forward - I think every cancer patient  goes to many places where only they can go and understand. Isolation, loneliness, and thoughts of death even though you/I have a strong support system. There is that secret place inside that leaks through at odd moments. A place where no one else can join you. On the brighter side I am hoping to go to Whiskeys Bar and Grill  for openning day. Bob and Tom are going to be hosting  the party and they will have live bands all day! woohoo:)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I Still Have My Hair
Getting ready for Chemo  April 9th. I getting quite a hat collection from my Knitwits buddies.






Yes I have lost some weight. I will gain it back:)

No comments:

Post a Comment