Friday, June 1, 2012




May 26, 2012  We have a tropical storm brewing,  The name is Beryl haha I wish I had the energy of storm Beryl! Bad timing for thus storm it is heading right towards the Florida and  North and South Carolina Coast. Beryl is messing with a lot of trips to the beach.

I have been asked why I am writing my blog under the name of Beryl. Beryl ( pronounced  Burl)  was my Grandmothers name and my middle name - Susan Beryl . Beryl was my Mother's mother. She was  a character, generations ahead of her time. Marriage and motherhood were not for her! The lights of New York City and high society were on her bucket list. She followed her own life path , as time want on her dreams  were muted.  She ended up in Fort Lauderdale, Florida  selling real estate and alone.  She always wore her expensive clothes and mink coat, despite the hot humid  weather. Her final move was to Scottsdale Arizona.  My brother Tom and his partner Clyde brought some joy to her final years.


""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
May 28, 2012
The chemo I had on the 21st really knocked me for a loop.  It has taken all my energy and the steroid part makes me feel crazy, it has been hard. I am ready for this to be over with Yes  I am complaning! It is just  to hard, I do not want to do this any more. Being sick for so long is not my thing!  I want my life back. I admit this is very hard on my body - I do not think I can do six sessions. I am dreading the fourth session. This is a big weekend in this area, The Taste of Cincinnati is a tradition. Lots of music three stages and lots of people having a good time. The fried peanut butter sandwich won the best appetizer. Strange item!. It is not that I am hungry. It is the fact that I do not have a choice  to go or to not go. It is always an adventure. I am just to weak to take on the heat and mingling with an estimated 500,000  visitors.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

June 01, 2012
I am starting to recover - I am back on pizza and I am sleeping:) I saw Dr. Vaschi (the plastic surgeon) today. We are still filling my breast  expanders -  getting ready for the final surgery and my new breasts.  The good thing is " if " I only have  one more chemo treatment - I can have this surgery about  three or four weeks later - after the chemo.  Chemo  is June 11. SO just maybe I will be able to go to Santa Fe, for Indian Market the end of August and than Florida the week after Labor Day.
 I am crossing my fingers. Have a great weekend:)


No comments:

Post a Comment