Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sharing The Journey


If you want to post it that's fine with me, hope it's not too much extra work.  
Hope each day is a little better, you are doing great!!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 23, 2012, at 9:33 PM, Susan Ward <susanpi@aol.com> wrote:

> Hi Mary- Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. for sharing your story. 
If you don't  mind I would like to post your message on the blog.  I have had a 
really rough 3 days. I have not been able to sleep and my whole body aches. It 
is nice to hear your caring words. A lot of people are reading the blog  and  as 
cancer survivors  I think it is wonderful to share our journeys .
> 
> Let me know xo
> 

From: Mary Brink <brinkmary@gmail.com>
Date: May 22, 2012 5:25:44 PM EDT
To: Susan Ward <susanpi@aol.com>
Subject: Treatments
Hi Susan,

I saw your post about the 4 versus 6 treatments, and had a thought.  I went to Dr. Cody who is in the same practice as Dr. Bhandri, just in the Norwood office.  Would it make you feel better about this choice that is coming up if you also had a second opinion?  Dr. Cody is great, very knowledgeable about breast cancer, and also always on the cutting edge of new information.  He had considered extending one of my medicines for a second year but the findings were not conclusive.

I can tell you that for me, the last 2 treatments left me more tired for a day or two longer than the first 4 treatments, so I think they do take more of a toll.  Towards the end my fingernails were affected, but I think that had started around the 3rd treatment.  I didn't lose any of them, but they were sensitive and darkened.  (Tea Tree Oil was stinky but helped, and so did soaking them in a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water.)  The tiredness was the only change I noticed, but there was a change, so maybe that's why there is research being done to determine if a full 6 treatments give a good return on the investment?

Of course, I know that you will make the right decision, I just had these couple of thoughts that I wanted to pass along, certainly don't want to cause any problems.

I think of you often, I admire your spirit so much!!!!

Mary
___________________________________________________________________________


Sue, Hi!! You sound great. I never could do the recommended because my body can not take the taxol. I get horrible reactions. I had my pet scan and mammogram and ultrasound and they  can't find any cancer. That was a good day. I can never take any chemo because of my heart condition. so every day is a blessing. He wakes me up every morning. Just enjoy and trust the Doctor's (that is all you can do anyway). They still know more than you do. Enjoy today.


Love, Linda

1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    Love and support to you from West Virginia. You are doing a great job. Keep up the hard work! It will be worth it in the end. Love, Helen

    ReplyDelete