Saturday, June 30, 2012

Forget the Bad and Focus on the Good

Forget the bad and focus on the good! This is a good way to think but not so easy sometimes. Yesterday we had sort of a last minute notice that a fast moving storm was heading our way with 60 to 80 mph winds . Yikes Peter and I rushed around  trying to take some control  to save our treasures on the deck. Like our new bright yellow umbrella  and the red cushions for our out door furniture.  Out side it was like an oven! 100 degrees and who knows what the heat factor was. The sky was dark and scary.  Within in ten minutes the wind  was   here, such a surprise when within 2 minutes the electric went out! Oh great now we are closed up in the house with  out AC and the windows closed it was 5:15 pm and the hottest time of the day. The good thing was a bit  hard to realize other than remembering as kids we did not have AC. Duke energy was out in the front of the house about 7:30 but they did not stay. OMG  The rain passed and the temperature  dropped (some). Peter left to go to work at 8:30.
 My Iphone entertained me for a while, the battery got low, so I started reading  my Nook as the lap top was not charged. So the lesson I have learned is to always keep all  your electronics fully charged! The electric was working around 10 pm.

Several of you have asked how "how am I feeling" after I have my coffee I feel pretty good. Yesterday morning I figured I was well enough to drive to Krogers  and pick up some goodies for pasta salad and cat food.  This was about 9:30 am the temps were around 87 degrees.. I went to the salad bar to make a salad, well Krogers have changed the quality of the  containers to put your salad in. Flimsy is the word, so I attempted to put a rubber band around my container. For some reason ( maybe part of it was Chemo Brain) this did not work very well. the rubber band cut into the container and it began to break apart. OK now what do I do?  There was only a six inch space to attempt to save the salad. There was not a handy trash can available.  At this point in my shopping I was really tried! So I got another flimsy container and set the broken one in it, but of course it was really not much of a enforcement. I had just seen my friend Steve Gall and had thought about asking him to help me get the groceries checked out and in the car. Of course, I did not ask for his help and I was on my own. I went to check out and got a plastic bag to set this wonderfully packaged salad in. Problem solved. So I wheel my cart outside and it had to have been 95  degrees out.  OMG where was my car! When you are in decent physical shape you do not notice the hills in the parking lot.  It was excruciating getting to the car and putting the groceries inside. I made it home :) Peter was a sleep after working all night so I now had to get the several bags of stuff into the house. I did it ! I put the refrigerator  stuff in and left the rest for Peter to put away. The lesson I learned is - don't over do it. I was not ready to attempt shopping by myself in the middle of a record breaking heat wave. LOL

I have to remind my self that I am not even three weeks out of chemo - chemo builds up in your system and visits for a while - I just have to deal with it. I need to make smart decisions as I heal and give my body time to strengthen.. I have sort of been to hell and back ! Today is much better AC is working and I am hanging out inside, I even made the pasta salad!



No comments:

Post a Comment