Friday, June 22, 2012

No Radiation !!! Good News


No radiation:) good news
 The benifits vs the damage the radiation could do to my soft tissue (skin) was a toss up. Radiation on an already radiated area can cause destruction/ destroy tissue, create the tissue to open up and   leave open wounds that  sometimes do not heal. Dr Summe said it is time to move forward get on my oral meds and be examined every 6 months and to let go of the worry of the cancer returning. He told me not to be afraid!
My chemo brain/chemo head or just plain confusion is lifting ! I felt better yesterday- I feel even better today. Sugar and I went for a walk - I did not make it to the mile mark - but I walked faster and  a considerable distance, compared to walking  to the neighbors drive way and back.
 .

So what is next? I have a new bone density test (scan) on July 2 , scheduled to meet with Dr Bhandari on July 9. He will tell me what to do next. I know I have to start on the daily  oral medication ( not sure which one) and I want to get the reconstruction surgery done as soon as possible. I think Dr. Bhandari has different thoughts on this . He told me to not go back to the plastic surgeon until he tells me to! I have had enough of the ex- panders - it is like having two rocks  resting on my chest. I am sure this will be on the bottom of the to do list!. Is my journey over- no it is not. However the worst is behind me.  I am moving forward!

My bucket list is the beach  after Labor Day! Santa Fe, maybe for Thanksgiving.
====================================================


Bhandari, Manish, M.D.
Specialties: Hematology & Oncolog


Medical & Undergraduate Education

Medical School:

Harvard Medical School
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Graduated: 1996

Internship Hospital:

Brown University
Providence, RI, USA
Year completed: 1997

Residency Hospital:

Ucla
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Year completed: 2003

Fellowship Hospital:

University Of Mi
Ann Arbor, MI, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment