Monday, June 25, 2012

I am moving forward - slowly. My legs hurt from the chemo treatments so this slows me down and wears me out. It has been  two weeks today since my last chemo treatment, it will take a while to get this crap out of my system:(  My memory is better  and I am not so scattered.  Which is good!  I  purchased these great Signature knitting needles  and have started a pair of socks with this wonderful yarn that flows into different colors. So it is intriguing to see the results.  I am now  two weeks into recovery! Only 258 weeks to the  five year survivor goal! I am on my way! Thanks for sharing my journey with me! 


))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  Linda Baldwin Stewart Not sure who the guy is. Linda lived a block from the beach in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Her parents owned this hotel. Keep in mind - teenagers  on the beach -  a block from where they filmed the movie in 1960 "Where The Boys Are" with Connie Francis. Spring Break fever has spread through the years as the number one thing to do during spring break.. A few years later (1963)   Linda and I were celebrating  by the famous Elbo Room and at our favorite  hangout  "Jens". Bobby Ridel's brother worked there.!  
   
Sue, Hi!! So glad about you not doing radiation. I have never heard of anyone doing radiation twice on the same breast. I unfortunately had 1 then the other. I'm really proud of you doing the reconstruction. I only had lumpectomy's on both. They might be smaller but I have said no more surgery had enough. I work out 3 times a week and it has helped my congestive heart failure. Will never be able to stand high humidity but at least I can go outside and get into a car without feeling like I can't breath. That is the worst feeling. I have my big test in Aug. that will tell how much of the heart is actually damaged. The Dr. feels that it is not as bad as he thought at the beginning. The working out has actually helped my heart muscles. Really amazing. I will be going away either Aug. or Sept. not sure yet. If Brian wants to go on a trip we will if not I will go to San Francisco and stay 2 weeks with my Aunt. i love going there. I want to try going on a trip in the states before we go back to Europe next year(France & Spain). I have to take oxygen with me even though I never use it. The Dr. said no way without it. just a portable. Just a pain in the ass as far as i'm concerned. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. Keep up the good work. Take care
Love, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment