Thursday, July 26, 2012

Live By Inspiring Others To Fly

"Live By Inspiring Others To Fly" 

 I feel like I am ready to fly, the surgery is over and went well. It was a different experience as it was done at St Elizabeth's Surgical Center. This was a small setting, like going to the Doctors office. I had to be there at noon with the surgery scheduled for 1:30 pm.. Lots of different types of people in the waiting room;) and a soap opera on the TV  along with a lot of storm warnings ~ I admit the thought ran through my hairless head ~ gosh what would happen if they loose power here in the middle of my surgery. They were mentioning 60 mph  winds. Someone from the operating area came out to see what the television was saying  about the weather. Oh my!


They started a bit late, Peter had to go back to the waiting room.  When I woke up I had no idea where  I was and I was very cold.  They were trying to warm me up with warm blankets. ( at least the electric did not go out) . I was in the recovery room, which was two feet away from the holding room. I asked a couble of times  for Peter and they said he could come back after I got out of the recovery area. They were concerned that I had a rash on my face and I was cold. So two hours later I woke up - again and I am still in the recovery area. The nurse told me that they were waiting for Dr Williams  ( who is in pratice with my Dr.) to look at this rash on my face. OK. He eventually came out and  said I was fine.


Suddenly they wheeled in another patient. She was very bubbly and had just  had her breast done.
She wanted to know what kind of surgery I had. So I told her and she exclaimed "that's what I had done, what size did you get" ! LOL  I told her I had no idea as I had just woken up.  That was priceless!

I am ready to fly, fly to the beach in  Florida!










No comments:

Post a Comment