Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I got the WIG!

Yesterday I went and got the wig!  So the wig thing is done.  It looks like my real hair.  I am still not wild about the whole idea. I am not wild about loosing my hair either., but you just got to do what you got to do! Guess I will get used to the idea.

 I also got a great goodie bag while I was there from the Chris Collinsworth Foundation.  www.proscanwoman.org  It has everything I could possible need while I am visiting the chemo room! A blanket, a mug, three books, a pen, a note pad, and even pink cozy socks. All I will need is my knitting.

Please keep my niece Robin in your thoughts and prayers .  Her journey with leukemia is critical.  We are hoping for a remission and then a successful bone marrow transplant.  She has 2 young children and is a wonderful young woman. She needs lots of positive energy.

Quote from one of my books in my new goodie bag:

We must stop thinking of cancer in whispers, as if it is something shameful. For when it is brought out into the brilliant light of the day it seems to shrink, to pull back, to diminish
YestPerday 's

No comments:

Post a Comment