Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Hair is growing


Hi Everybody, Sorry I have ignored my own blog. ha ha  Here is a quick update.
After the reconstruction surgery. I  had a reaction or injury to my mouth. This included pain, bruising, swelling, my taste buds and appetite.  I think this happened because who ever was in charge of the items they put in your mouth was not very careful.  Otherwise the surgery went well. Very little recovery time. When they took the expander s out my leg pain departed also :) A very good thing. My new breast/boobs look marvelous!

 However, this is  not a good thing  - I have had  to deal with depression, serious depression. It appears this is common after a battle with cancer. As you start your journey towards being a cancer survivor. One more thing the  Dr's should discuss with their patients.
My attitude  was -  great this is all behind me - everything is awesome! However that did not happen, I had no energy, appetite, was not sleeping, hot flashes, lack of interest in anything - At first I attributed this to the aftermath of the last surgery and all the trauma my body  has gone through. Plus the start of my oral medication.
"Tamoxifen".  Depression kind of creeps up on you. I went from I can do this to I do not want to do this. After a few weeks I called my family Dr. a nice anti depressant  is helping.   I am a strong woman and look forward to a long and happy life.

What is tamoxifen?  I hope you never have to take this type of drug. I will be on this for 5 years :(

Tamoxifen blocks the actions of estrogen, a female hormone. Certain types of breast cancer require estrogen to grow.
Tamoxifen is used to treat some types of breast cancer in men and women. Tamoxifen is also used to lower a woman's chance of developing breast cancer if she has a high risk (such as a family history of breast cancer).
side effects may include:
  • hot flashes;
  • bone pain, joint pain, or tumor pain;
  • swelling in your hands or feet;
  • vaginal itching or dryness;
  • loss of appetite
  • headache, dizziness, depression; or
  • thinning hair.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Peter has retired and we are hanging out together, we are heading to Panama Beach , Florida. We will be celebrating my recovery with our best friends and my brother Tom and bother in law Clyde.  What could be better than partying at the beach.

    MY hair is growing!
     Thank you reading my blog.  I hope this information will help others and their families who may travel a similar journey. Peace and love to all:)


No comments:

Post a Comment